Thursday 16 May 2013

Kiki Lala..Our little Cutey Mice


Assalamualaikum all,
This is our group reports regarding the Third Projects which is Animal Training..
We had name for our pairs of mice (Kiki and Lala). We also included both of their picture so that all of you could meet with our little cutey mice..
 
ANIMAL TRAINING (OBSERVATION 1)

SETTING: Mahallah Asiah, Blok I

DATE: 16 April 2013 – 21 April 2013

            On 8.25 pm, I just arrived from IOI Mall Pets Wonderland, Puchong after bought a pair of mice from there. The shop owner told me that a mouse is easier to take care than hamster but still lots of people were only using this animal for science experiment and not taking them as pet. On my first and second day with them, I could differentiate their gender and it seems to me that the female mouse were much more proactive as compared to the male mouse. At first, I will only give them sunflowers seeds as their food and plain water for them to drink. I keep giving them the same type of food for the whole week (until 21 April 2013).
            On the third day of my observations towards our mice, I had started with new kind of rules for them (the mice) which are 1) they will only being given food for 4 times a day (which at 6.30 am, 1.00 pm, 6.00 pm, and 11.30 pm) not more or less, 2) they will have special time for them to play for only 1 hour which is start at 6.00 pm until 7.00 pm everyday and 3) they will be put in a bucket as punishment if they try to make a hole on the box to escape. These are some rules for them and I will be observing them either they could learn and follow those rules or not. Well, after a while (on fifth day of my observations), the male mouse were less likely to get punished rather than the female mouse. As in my early perception, it seems that the female mouse is more likely to not follow the third rules. This is because, as I can see that she love to be outside then inside box.
            Last day for these weeks, I started to do warm up to them. I bring them to my study room at mahallah where the space is bigger than my compartment. I trained them in how to find the food inside that big and huge study room by placing them at the corner of the room. The food which is the biscuits cheese was placed on the next end of the room, but before I done the pre-training activities; I delay their schedule of getting food for about 2 hours. It was so interesting to see them eagerly strives to go and search where they can find food. However, the duration for them to get to the food container are longer than I assume due to some reasons; 1) the new place which is in study room has make them feel unsafe and also make them move so slowly to get into the food container than the usual place they had, and 2) they have a very sensitive sense, that’s why they can’t go quickly to the food whenever there are some other distraction such as noise.
 
 
Thanks for your time...
 
 
Regards,
 
Phoenix IIUM.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment