Thursday 16 May 2013

Second Week of Animal Training


Assalamualaikum everyone...may you have a fine day ~

This is our second observations towards Kiki & Lala (the mice).


ANIMAL TRAINING (OBSERVATION 2)

SETTING: Mahallah Asiah, Blok I

DATE: 22 April 2013 – 28 April 2013

            On the following weeks, I keep observing both of them; their eating behavior, learning process and also playing behavior. As I could see, the female mouse is cleverer than the males’ mouse. It elicits so much unexpected behavior when I was not around; luckily I have my roommate that could take care of them during my class time. One of my roommate said to me that she heard a noise from my compartment and when she went to my room, she could see the female mouse was trying to escape from the box by climbing the boxes’ wall. My friend push her so that she wouldn’t escape but it seems like, the female mouse never give up and keep trying to be outside of the box. My friend said, “It’s nearly ten times I had to push her down from escaping but she keep climbing and try to escape no matter what happen.” This was happened on day eight of my observations and yes, I also observe the same things too. Unlike the other mouse, the female mouse is more active and cleverer.

            On eleventh and twelfth day of my observations, I trained them again at the same place which is at the study room of my mahallah. With also the same technique, I didn’t offer any food to them 2 hours before so that they could get into the food container successfully. Before start, I add some hurdle for them along the way the wanted to go to the food container. This is to make them learn on how to overcome those challenges so that they can get to the food and eats. However, only the female could reach until the end of the room and eat their foods but for male mouse, he still couldn’t get through the hurdle like the female does.

            Last day of the week, I was not continuing with their training because there are lots of work that I need to submit. But, I still keep observe them whether or not they follow the rules that I had taught them or not.
 
P/S: we will upload our video during their playing time later...just bear with us yaa~
 
Regards,
Phoenix IIUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment